|Date Posted||June 9, 2021|
Job Title: Bundler
Location: Norton, OH
Reports to: Fabrication Shop Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: 05/2019
The Bundler works alongside other fabrication shop employees to offload pipe, inspect pipe, and prepare pipe to be assembled and banded, while adhering to blueprints and sketches provided. This position is represented by the Plumbers and Pipefitters Local Union #219.
This job requires the ability and desire to work in a fast paced multi tasked environment with a focus towards detail and accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for offloading of pipe on a daily basis and transporting to correct location.
- Perform Quality Control (QC) procedures such as dye penetrant testing on welds, inspection of grooves, and the prep and painting of rusty or welded material(s) and alert Quality Control Supervisor of any discrepancies found, but handle any issues that are in range of knowledge and training.
- Perform actions related to assembly/make-on couplings/fittings when applicable and ensure they are assembled to print/sketch.
- Review job information sheets, technical instructions, and process jobs accordingly.
- Operate the pneumatic tensioner and crimper when applicable.
- Input information into computer system and read computer data to perform job accurately.
- Strong math skills frequently used.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Technical or trade school training is a plus.
- Experience working in a fabrication shop or factory setting is a plus.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Ability to think strategically, make sound decisions, and produce accurate and timely results is required.
- Building positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees and management is required.
- Demonstrating integrity and professionalism is required.
- Demonstrating commitment to company values is required.
- Excellent organizational skills is required.
- Ability to follow-up on tasks and assignments in a timely manner is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required.
- Ability to perform basic business mathematical functions is required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision is required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment is required.
- Complying with all operating policies, procedures, executed Plans, and Programs is required.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of employees, government agencies, customers, vendors and suppliers.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, hear, and use hands to grasp objects. The employee is frequently required to talk, pull/push, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach. The employee may be infrequently required to climb, balance, and use fingers to move and/or feel objects. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and color vision. The physical strength rating of this job is classified as medium work which entails exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 to 25 pounds frequently, and/or greater than 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. This employee may be exposed to a wide range of environmental conditions including extreme cold temperatures, extreme hot temperatures, fumes, odors, toxic conditions, dust, poor ventilation, humidity, loud noises, vibrations, and wet conditions. Arm protection, eye protection, and feet and leg protection are constantly required. Hearing, skin, and respiratory protection may be required. Operation of hand/power tools and shop machinery is required. Operation of a computer keyboard and hand calculator may be required. Understanding of addition and subtraction, shop math, and simple drawings is required.