|Date Posted||September 8, 2019|
Job Title: Sr Accountant
Status: Salary / Exempt
Reports To: VP Finance
Prepares financial analyses of operations, including interim and year-end financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management. Responsible for the company’s financial reports and accounting activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for subsidiary ledger: cash disbursements, cash receipts, accounts payable, month-end payroll summary, accounts receivable summary, and journal entries for adjustments to general ledger.
- Responsible for current general ledgers, trial balances, financial report, and balance sheet.
- Prepare monthly reports that include accounts payable reconciliation, accounts receivable reconciliation, cash flow report, and balance sheet audits.
- Prepare daily sales analysis and current cash position.
- Maintain contract and vehicle leases.
- Responsible for all SOX requirements.
- Assist vendor and the purchasing department in resolving any invoice/purchase order discrepancies.
- Entering monthly G/L entries.
- Confers with corporate accounting group on inter-company issues
- Handles all the Sales/Use Tax filings for the company
- Provide support for any special projects as assigned by the president/VP. These special projects, at the determination of management, may or may not become part of your primary responsibilities.
- Advocate and follow all quality, safety and environmental procedures and report any/all noncompliance.
- Maintain a professional attitude when representing the company during phone, or personal contact with customers, outside vendors, and/or service providers, etc.
- The position demands an individual who is hard working, detail oriented, computer skills in Excel and Word, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- This position requires an individual experienced in accounting, economics or finance.
- Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance, or finance with a minimum of three to five (3-5) years of accounting/financial type experience.
This job description is not a contract between the company and any person. The job description merely states the company’s current job requirements for this position and is subject to change from time to time with or without notice.