|Date Posted||July 2, 2020|
♥ You already love us ♥
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Senior Manager, Distribution
Corporate Headquarters in Massillon, Ohio
The primary function of the Senior Manager, Distribution is to be accountable for the Shearers Warehousing Operations. Provide “end to end” logistics leadership to support Shearers manufacturing facilities and the Shearers Customer Service Mission. This role aligns network strategy, daily operations, continuous improvement, and leadership development to meet the demands of a highly driven, customer service-based organization.
Your seat at the table
- Provide leadership that drives operational excellence, continuous improvement, and teamwork throughout the Distribution Centers.
- Develop and Drive Shearers Warehouse Productivity Plan and Standardization models
- Drive P&L opportunities to ensure that the Distribution Centers meets all its financial performance objectives through the development and implementation of a sound budget, managing variances effectively without compromising customer needs, and holding the Facility’s Leadership team accountable for their role in attaining these goals.
- Develop appropriate metrics and ensure the proper monitoring controls are in place to regularly measure the Facility’s performance.
- Ensure that operational processes and procedures are adjusted according to performance reports in order to drive a consistent sustainable process strategy throughout operations focusing on continuous improvement.
- Develop operational strategies that will deliver “Best in Class” Case fill and on-time delivery performance for our Customers
- Create an engaged culture of safety throughout the Distribution Center which involves all levels of the organization. Hold the leadership team accountable for ensuring that all required safety training takes place and the facility is in compliance with all employee and food safety regulations.
- Actively develop the leadership team through the use of learning and development programs, customer exposure and involvement in operations initiatives.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to recruit the highest caliber talent and actively participate in creating a workplace that sustains employee morale, commitment, and retention
- Leverage use of WMS and related technologies and infrastructure to drive business value
Special Pack Operations
- Provide leadership of the special pack operation to deliver Customer value in Quality, Cost, and Capabilities.
- Develop operational strategies that deliver productivity and quality targets
- Ensure Safety and General Manufacturing & Food Regulatory practices are followed while delivering production and delivery commitments
Raw Material Warehouse
- Develop Kanban strategies to deliver raw material on time and in cadence with production sequence
- Standardize processes to reduce waste and develop consistent work processes and standard work for all key functions of the operation
- Build a Continuous Improvement culture that builds on root cause solutions that sustain over time
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years of warehouse distribution management experience in an FDA regulated facility, with credibility in safety, operations, and facilities management
- Expertise in inventory control and order fulfillment quality standards and metrics (e.g., KPIs) including customer order fill rates, inventory turnover, excess and short-dated inventory management, and forecast accuracy
- Experience working cross functionally with Sales & Operations Planning, Procurement, Quality, Finance, and Manufacturing functions to improve performance
- High level financial, quantitative, and analytical skills; practical knowledge of accounting practices governing inventory management, e.g., write-downs, material transfers
- Experience using WMS and TMS applications in a GMP manufacturing environment that drive decision making and performance improvements
- Strong project management skills, including stakeholder, timeline, and meeting management skills; demonstrated excellence in managing internal customers
- Experience applying Continuous Improvement, Lean, and Six Sigma principals to drive improvement
- A track record of team building and organizational development; able to hold employees accountable for results; able to recognize when education and training is needed
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; a natural bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!