|Date Posted||November 23, 2022|
You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE!
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 14 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you’re thinking…how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can take home free snacks!
SR. PACKAGING MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Afternoons 3pm - 11pm and Midnights 11pm - 7am
$30.00 - $35.00 Hourly Rate
*Based on Skill & Experience*
Your seat at the Best Snacks Table
The Sr.Pkg. Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining asset performance within their assigned areas. They are expected to be competent in maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing the following equipment:
- TNA Baggers and Yamato scales and related equipment (Safeline metal detectors, Video jet code date printers)
- TNA and Techweigh seasoners and related systems
- TNA and Heat and control conveyance equipment
- Optyx sorters and Key tech conveyors
- Blueprint and Ishida Case packing equipment, including seal checkers
- Non automated pack off equipment including Blueprint collators and TNA/Wright pack off tables
- Robotic palatizing machines and conveyance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Sr.Pkg. Maintenance Technician is expected to assist PMO’s and production leadership with day-to-day issues and maximize uptime. This includes the following:
- Daily inspect / service / adjust / scale buckets as required
- Daily communicate with PMO’s on current issues and concerns
- Daily observe case packers for proper function and adjustment
- Daily observe baggers for proper operation including all related equipment
- Daily communicate with seasoning personnel on current issues and concerns
- Daily observe all seasoners and related equipment for proper operation.
- Respond to emergency service calls promptly
- Complete assigned work professionally and timely
- Complete CMMS W/O’s, service reports / requests promptly
- Ensures that breakdowns or disruptions in the production processes are minimized
- Works with the maintenance supervisors to complete repairs, projects, and daily DT issues.
- Adhere to all maintenance sop’s and food safety requirements
Improves maintenance processes
- Assists the Pkg MRT with analysis to develop improvement plans including root cause analysis
- Assist in identifying improvement opportunities within current PM system and maintenance practices
Maintains a safe work environment
- Leader in safety
- Ensures assets are safe and reliable
- Ensures that the team is informed on any safety issues as they occur
- Completes monthly safety training requirements
Performs additional related duties as assigned
What you bring to the Best Snacks Party:
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum (2) years maintenance experience in a manufacturing plant.
- Experience working in a team environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced mechanical and electrical skills. Including PLC’s troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of principles involved in Preventative/Predictive Maintenance
- Knowledge of precision maintenance
- Problem analysis skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work a variable schedule
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with the essential duties and responsibilities
- Must be able to walk and stand for a prolonged period of time
- Must be able to use hands, arms, and fingers to handle, feel, and reach
- Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must be able to climb or balance
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Close vision
- Distance vision
- Color vision
- Peripheral vision
- Depth perception
- Ability to adjust focus
The position is located in a manufacturing environment, which includes:
- Exposure to high temperatures
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Loud noise level
- Elevated heights
- Hot surface
Ability to willingness and openly share knowledge and skills
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate. We also offer Direct Deposit and Daily Pay Options
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!