|Date Posted||July 5, 2019|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Sr. Packaging Engineer
Your seat at the table
The Sr. Packaging Engineering position is accountable for design and commercialization of new flexible and rigid packaging material, as well as the optimization of existing flexible and rigid packaging materials. The Packaging Engineering Manager is expected to maintain vendor relationships and leverage vendor support to trouble shoot issues, identify root causes and insure corrective actions are implemented. The Packaging Engineering Manager collaborates with cross-functional partners including, Procurement, Commercial, Operations, and Quality.
- Provide technical knowledge, direction, education, and assistance in the packaging of high-quality snack food products:
- Provide technical solutions to primary packaging, flexible (film), rigid (corrugate case material), and pallet configurations from manufacturing through the distribution chain
- Implement opportunities to optimize our existing packaging systems and potential innovations to transform our packaging
- Evaluate, develop and implement structural packaging designs and materials to ensure they provide the barrier protection required to ensure the integrity, quality and safety of the product, including shipping integrity throughout the distribution chain
- Support factory within optimization activities
- Use continuous improvement strategies to develop ideas for savings, innovation, plant efficiency and quality improvements.
- Lead manufacturing line testing and evaluation of new packages corrugate and pallet configurations
- Creates packaging related SOPs, work instructions and packaging specifications.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements, and types of materials required for packaging.
- Supports supply chain initiatives including new and alternative packaging
- Understands the relationship between package, product and process.
- Coaches team members daily in the principles of packaging engineering
What you bring to the table
- Bachelors Degree in Packaging Materials/Packaging Engineering from an accredited institution or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 5+ years of experience with packaging innovation/engineering in CPG, Food or Beverage manufacturing environment.
- TOPS and CAD software experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!