|Date Posted||June 13, 2019|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Senior Project Engineer
The Senior Project Engineer plans, directs, and coordinates activities for major projects that support strategic priorities or complex technical objectives. You will be responsible for managing internal projects by monitoring project activities, ensuring the quality, and integrity of the information and providing consistency in content and look and feel across the enterprise.
Your seat at the table
- Utilize a disciplined approach to identify Key Objectives, Deliverables, Milestones, and Tasks that are needed to successfully complete the project.
- Create Project Charter and Summary timelines at project inception to ensure customer base agrees upon project scope and timeline and Leads the development of the project communication plan.
- Manage scope, schedule and cost within plan utilizing appropriate project management tools and methodology.
- Facilitate the definition of project metrics for tracking progress and successful completion.
- Track status and metrics on the project; escalates to functional management upon identification of deviations (or potential deviations) from plan.
- Provide budgeting guidance to Engineering leadership and Finance relative to Shearers Operating Plan Commitment (OPC)
What you bring to the table
- Excellent requirements-gathering skills and the ability to map those requirements into standard solutions
- Strong project management skills which includes experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors
- Strong change management skills and ability to influence decision makers
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma concepts in a manufacturing and distribution environment.
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives
- Proven leadership abilities with demonstrated capacity to hold project team accountable to meet project outcomes
Relocation assistance is available.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies:Shearers Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.