|Date Posted||August 14, 2022|
You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands. We have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And... we know what you’re thinking…how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can enjoy the snacks at home and at work!
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Inventory Control/Material Handler
Shift: Dayshift 7:00am-3:00pm
Hourly Rate: $18.00
Benefits start after 30 days!
Summary of Position: The primary function of the Inventory Control/Material Handler will work as part of the Receiving team to ensure that daily safety, quality and production goals are met. The Inventory Control/Material Handler will be responsible for verifying physical counts match with WMS system and Mapics data and adjust as necessary
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be willing to be certified in the operation of forklifts and other equipment deemed necessary.
- Forklift – will be trained in the operation of pre-operational inspections.
- Follows and models all company procedures and policies, acting as a role model for other employees.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly cycle counts.
- Loads, unloads and transfers materials within or near the plant, yard or work site, performing any combination of following duties.
- Cycle counts out damaged product.
- LPN’s – review/adjust/reprint RM Tags when applicable.
- Loads, unloads materials onto or from pallets, racks and shelves by hand.
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work flexible hours with advance notice.
- Ability to work overtime (including but not limited to Period End weekends).
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities