|Date Posted||October 16, 2020|
♥ You already love us ♥
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Strategic Planning Analyst (Financial Analyst)
Located at our Corporate Head Quarters in Downtown Massillon, OH
The Strategic Planning Team leads the annual budget process, current and future year’s projections, and incentive analysis as well as playing a supporting role in acquisitions, divestitures, and other areas of Finance and Accounting. As a Strategic Planning Analyst, you will report to the Strategic Planning Manager.
Your seat at the table
- Support the Financial Forecast process and the Operating Plan Commitment process (otherwise known as budget)
- Work cross functionally to gather information
- Perform analysis on forecasting accuracy compared to actual data
- Analyze future performance of company’s P&L
- Prepare monthly EBITDA bridges
- Report company performance at end of each fiscal month
- Update 5 year projection model on future company performance
- Maintain company’s projection model
- Update with actual and forecasted information as comes available
- Provide long term view on company performance
- Incentive Planning
- Track annual and quarterly incentive payouts
- Create estimates of payouts based on current and future performance
- Ad hoc analysis as needed
- Support M&A activities through data pulling and analysis
- Project payback periods on potential projects
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with internal deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Flexibility to coordinate special projects, anticipate issues, and take initiative to resolve them.
- Flexible work schedule to meet deadlines.
- Advanced Excel capabilities and proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!