|Date Posted||May 3, 2022|
- Assist certified teacher/specialist in the education of a specific child with developmental delays in approved curricular areas. Assist in maintaining a safe, family-friendly environment conducive to learning. Assist in implementing lessons and/or behavior programs consistent with the objectives of the student’s individual education plan. Assist in operating equipment, recording responses, and preparing educational materials. Assist in maintaining records/reports.
- Assist the specific child with physical and personal needs, such as positioning, toileting, feeding and individual clean-ups that may include food spills, incontinence, and blood spills. Assist with feeding, mobility, which may include walking the student, operation of a wheelchair, transfers, loading and unloading buses, lifts, standers and other adaptive equipment.
- May work with/assist substitutes assigned to their work area.
- Must be aware of children with special problems and be constantly alert for any unusual behaviors that might indicate a child needs attention (i.e., seizures). Must be familiar with safety equipment that is needed for adaptive use.
- Assist in maintaining a safe environment conducive to the physical therapy department. Assist in operating equipment, recording responses, scheduling the student for physical therapy and physical therapy swim periods, and in transporting the student to and from the physical therapy department. Assist therapist in treatment when requested.
- Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance.
- Hold appropriate certificate/license as required by the Ohio Department of Education.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Hold and maintain current certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Hold and maintain DoDD annual trainings required for your position.
- Hold and maintain training in current board required assault prevention and intervention technique.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information/records.
- Maintain valid driver’s license in state of residence.
- BCI/FBI background clearance.
- Ability to maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Any other training as required by Ohio DODD or county board policy.