|Date Posted||September 10, 2021|
You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com
Supply Chain Manager
Your seat at the table
- Materials management to FG shipment of end-to-end supply chain
- Management of all aspects of Materials Management at the site including Plant Production Scheduling, Material Planning, bulk purchasing, Inventory Control, Inbound Receiving, Outbound Shipments (including FG Exports), Intercompany Shipments and In-house Material Control including material usage variance evaluation.
- Responsible for OTIF of Finished Goods and the achievement of KPI’s, including Customer Service Levels, Stock Turn, Working Capital, Labor Costs, KPI’s, and other operational/financial targets as established annually.
- Responsible for the physical warehouse and truck yard. This includes the management of the employees and equipment
- Responsible for the development and achievement of budgets on an annual basis
- Take Company Standards and Best Practices and ensure execution through their team
- Manage performance and development of direct reports by establishing clear and measurable objectives that stretch the individuals
- Development of Colleagues, to ensure succession plans are achieved, behaviors are in line with corporate values and that leadership imperatives are developed
- Ensures that safety is a priority of all departmental personal and processes
Planning & Procurement
- Owns the product flow into the facility including all vendor and corporate functional communication and coordination
- Assist with new products/projects communication and coordination for site
- Planning/Scheduling/Execution for lines
- Responsible for Bulk ordering where applicable and material release & invoice approval
- Works with corporate team on priorities where materials impact production
- Manage inventory levels to achieve case fill rate goals at the lowest Working Capital.
- Ensure continuous improvement in the business processes supporting the Planning of OTIF or ROTIF of FG to the customer requirements including proactive communication, root cause analysis
- Highlight emerging capacity issues that require action planning and/or decision-making
- Accountable for SC KPIs DOH inventory levels of FG and Raws to meet financial targets
Inventory Control Quality Assurance (ICQA)
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy, rotation and movement procedures within the entire site
- Ensures inventory quality/accuracy programs are in place and executed per Shearers requirements
- Execute network standard process, including full utilization of a warehouse management system
- Ensure products, parts or supplies are shipped, distributed or received in a safe and efficient manner.
- Develop labor planning to execute load schedule safely and efficiently
- Lead warehouse personnel on proper storage and distribution activities
- Prepare and review distribution documents
- Oversee the loading, unloading, movement or storage of items according to delivery or routing documents
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor's degree preferred, preferably in Supply Chain, Operations or related field
- At least 5 years of management experience in a warehousing/distribution environment
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, and leadership
- Fully competent and knowledgeable on Warehouse Management Systems – inputting and identifying locations, implementation of WMS, training, daily monitoring of over-rides and manage system upgrades.
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated facilitation skills
- Demonstrated project management and influencing skills to ensure project and KPI success
- Available to work flexible hours and days as needed to meet business demands
- Possess a basic financial understanding to ensure results are delivered on time and in full
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.