|January 30, 2024
Shearer's is a leading contract manufacturer and private label supplier in the snack industry in North America. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's has 17 state-of-the-art, geographically diverse manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Iowa, Ontario and Alberta, Canada, including one of the industry's first Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design platinum LEED certified facilities in Massillon, Ohio. The Company is known for producing the highest quality snacks in assorted flavors and sizes, including kettle cooked potato chips, traditional potato chips, tortilla chips, cheese curls and other extruded snacks, and corn chips, as well as cookies, crackers, and wafers.
Supply Chain Obsolescence Analyst
The Obsolescence Analyst plays a key role in the support of Shearer’s Supply Chain. The position will be responsible for monitoring raw materials and finished goods thru end-of-life cycle phase, as well as supporting identification of process improvement opportunities. The position works cross-functionally between Supply Chain, Procurement, Commercialization, and Operations. The ideal candidate will have experience in material planning, inventory control, and project management.
- Monitor Network raw material inventory levels, with special focus on materials approaching end of life cycle.
- Member of cross functional teams in managing defined obsolescence projects such as discontinuations and transitions to identify/minimize business risks.
- Support development of raw material procurement plan for special Limited Time Offers (LTO’s) or any other special projects.
- Complete any internal reporting for obsolescence as required by Shearer’s team members.
- Assist Plants/Material Planners on any necessary obsolescence related inquiries.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and Action Tracking for major events.
What you bring to the table
- Demonstrated understanding of key practices within supply chain and business finance needs.
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Planning Experience
- Understanding of risk management
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Strong computer skills, including Windows, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.