|Date Posted||September 8, 2019|
Stark Federal Credit Union seeks part time tellers to work approx. 20-30 hours per week. Our tellers serve as liaison between the members and the Credit Union. Tellers are responsible for providing account information, opening new accounts, and professionally handling members’ daily Credit Union needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a strong knowledge of our product and services with the ability to recognize the needs of our members and provide members with the services that will best fit their needs.
- Represent the Credit Union to the members in a courteous and professional manner and provide prompt, efficient and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Balance and maintain a cash drawer and perform routine transactions, including but not limited to, deposits, issuing checks, doing cash withdrawals, loan payments and transfers, check cashing, cash advances on Visa, closing accounts, etc.
- Open and close accounts on a daily basis. Open new accounts and service existing accounts. Set up new accounts with all necessary information and disclosures for membership.
- Provide in person and by telephone, general and specific service related information concerning Credit Union services, procedures or policies.
- Assist members in balancing their accounts. Research accounts for deposits, withdrawals, loan payments discrepancies.
- Willingness to perform additional branch duties and responsibilities, outside the realm of processing transactions and assist in other areas of operations as required by management.
- Develop a working knowledge of the Credit Union’s electronic data processing system. Assist with daily scanning of items.
- Help answer phone calls.
- Must be flexible with work schedule based on the hours needed at credit union and branch staffing needs.
- High School graduate
- Be flexible to the hours of the Credit Union with the willingness to work at any of our locations
- Be willing to undertake additional training as needed to effectively carryout out job responsibility.
- Basic Computer skills and use of calculator, typewriter, fax machine and other office equipment.
- Enthusiastic about helping people and a good conversationalist
- Professional and neat appearance
- Bank teller training