|Date Posted||March 21, 2019|
If you like working outside in a variety of locations and situations this is the job for you!
Canton Chair Rental is a full-service party and event rental center that provides high-quality tents and party rental equipment to individuals, companies and nonprofit organizations in Northeast Ohio. As a Canton Chair Rental employee, imagine the pride you will feel after helping set up for a customer’s dream wedding or installing tents for community special events.
Inventory:Some of the inventory you will be working with: Tents, Tables, Chairs, Staging, Dance Floors, Bleachers, Linens, Dishes, Wedding Related Items, Concession Equipment, Bars, Helium, Grills, Place Settings, Serving Equipment and Much More.
- Assist tent crew and warehouse support employees with pulling/loading tent and related equipment.
- Ensure that trucks are loaded properly.
- Assist with the proper and safe installation and removal of tents ranging in size from 10’x10’ to 60’x140’ and other rental equipment per manufacturer and company safety policies and procedures.
- Serve as on-site liaison with the customer.
- Responsible to ensure the return of all rental equipment delivered to the customer.
- Work with tent crew and warehouse support staff to unload trucks. Report to sales and/or management any necessary repairs of rental equipment needed.
- Assist and supervise the cleaning of rental equipment to prepare it for the next rental.
- Help with equipment maintenance (repair items, paint, general upkeep)... to keep rental equipment in top shape.
- Get involved in helping develop processes to enhance productivity.
- Participate in event pre-planning and post-event evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nature of the Work:The work is typically very physical and demanding, both strength requirements and the stamina required.
Working Conditions:This employee may stand for long periods of time. The work will be split between general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air-conditioned, and conditions outside which vary from day today. This job requires constant interaction with co-workers and the public. The position requires frequent lifting and a significant degree of walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and sizes.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED is required if not currently enrolled in high school.
- Related work experience is preferred.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Computer knowledge is required. Training on rental software will be provided.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly.
- Must be able to pass a company drug screen.
- Have a clean driving record-normally no more than two points on your driver’s license. (CDL not required)
- All applicants must be at least 16 years old.
Education, Skills & Requirements (continued):
- Present a professional image to our customers. We want to remain a “cut above the rest”.
- Be a self-starter, display initiative, and be a problem solver.
· Have the ability to work on your own as well as with others.
· Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs. (installing tents, setting up stages, bleachers… require strength in order to handle the setups).
- Have the physical stamina to be on your feet all day.
- Have high standards and take pride in your work, which will reflect on the quality of the product you are putting out to rent.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
· Be able to work closely with office staff to attain the goals of the company, which is to rent out our equipment in top condition and to please our customer. As our slogan says, “We don’t just rent tables and chairs, we rent EVENTS!”TN
On the job training is provided.This job description is a general overview of some of the tasks that our full and part-time delivery department employees perform at Canton Chair Rental. This document is not meant to be an offer of employment or a contract. It is a guide to assist the applicant.