|Date Posted||June 7, 2019|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Topco Sales Manager
Massillon, OH (Can work remote)
Your seat at the table
This position is responsible for the development and execution of strategy to drive sales of private label and branded products to Topco. It is expected that this individual will be able to forge relationships broadly and, at increasingly higher levels within the customers organization. The candidate must remain actively involved in partnering with our commercial team, customer service, production, quality assurance, and logistics situations.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Shearers business model and how it pertains to potential customers, with an awareness of the differentiators that separate Shearers from its competitors.
- Through market analytics and knowledge of the marketplace, identify potential new business.
- Utilizing Category Management tools and knowledge of customer needs, develop and present strategies to Topco that secures additional business for Shearers.
- Utilize joint business planning principles.
- Stay connected within the industry by attending relevant trade shows and conferences, keeping abreast of industry developments and appropriate industry literature.
What you bring to the table
- Proven track record of success and 8-10+ years of experience with a food company preferred, or other similar consumer products enterprise.
- Significant sales experience required, preferably with in the consumer products industry.
- Must have solid business and financial acumen to manage customer profitability.
- Must understand manufacturing, QA, and logistics to provide problem-solving support for customers.
- Must be able to work well with others in the spirit of collaboration.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate the ability to listen attentively to others; to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner; to understand business situations; and to create enthusiasm for the company (with customers) or for the customers (within the company).
- Must be organized, dependable, self-motivated, professional person with the ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!