|Date Posted||July 31, 2023|
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
Training & Qualifications Manager
Location: Brewster Plant in Massillon, Ohio
Your seat at the table
The Training & Qualifications Manager is a key leadership role in the Shearer’s Operational Process (SHOP) journey and will lead the efforts to support all pillars, as well as work as a team to set the training strategy in the Zero loss journey and meet business requirements.
- Build pillar teams and develop team member capabilities and qualification based on step-up card.
- Responsible for setting the Pillar strategy including Master, 90 Day and Weekly Plan.
- Drive implementation of three base systems: skills, training & certification and administration at Plant and provide ancillary support as necessary across the network.
- Analyze and manage the reporting data and assess performance against set KPI’s to validate the pillar performance.
- Establish training and qualifications strategy steered toward loss elimination due to lack of skill and knowledge by ensuring effective and efficient training systems.
- Implement the skill matrix and T&Q (training & quality) work processes necessary for building and developing capabilities in team members.
- Qualify trainers for each pillar who are going to be part of the knowledge transfer in the plant / on model line.
- Utilize the T&Q Training Development Process to create training materials as it relates to site specific losses.
- Support and drive Implementation of Enterprise Training Programs aligned to organizational priorities.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- 5 years of practical, cross functional experience in many of the following areas is preferred.
- Experience working for or in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic Understanding of Total Productive Maintenance Methodology
- Understanding of adult learning theory
- Experience designing learning and development experiences/training.
- Experience facilitating training for small and large groups.
- Ability to learn quickly, deal with ambiguity (change) and drive results.
- Ability to develop a detailed understanding of manufacturing capabilities and capacities.
- Great communications skills and proven ability to work cross functionally in a collaborative and integrated operating environment.
- Strong written and reasoning skills.
- Word, Excel and related applications is essential.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.