|Date Posted||February 26, 2020|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Your seat at the table
The Training Manager is a key leadership role in the Shearers Operational Process (SHOP) journey and will lead the efforts to support all pillars, as well as, work as a team to set the training strategy in the Zero loss journey and meet business requirements.
- Build pillar teams and develop team member capabilities and qualification based on step-up card.
- Responsible for setting the Pillar strategy including Master, 90 Day and Weekly Plan.
- Drive implementation of three base systems: skills, training & certification and administration at Millennium Plant and provide ancillary support as necessary across the network.
- Analyze and manage the reporting data and assess performance against set KPIs to validate the pillar performance.
- Establish training and qualifications strategy steered toward loss elimination due to lack of skill and knowledge by ensuring effective and efficient training systems.
- Implement the skill matrix and T&Q (training & quality) work processes necessary for building and developing capabilities in team members.
- Qualify trainers for each pillar who are going to be part of the knowledge transfer in the plant / on model line.
- Utilize the T&Q Training Development Process to create training materials as it relates to site specific losses.
- Support and drive Implementation of Enterprise Training Programs aligned to organizational priorities.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university preferred
- Practical, cross functional experience in many of the following areas:
- Experience working for or in a manufacturing environment
- Basic Understanding of Total Productive Maintenance Methodology
- Understanding of adult learning theory
- Experience designing learning and development experiences/training
- Experience facilitating training for small and large groups
- Ability to learn quickly, deal with ambiguity (change) and drive results
- Ability to develop a detailed understanding of manufacturing capabilities and capacities.
- Great communications skills and proven ability to work cross functionally in a collaborative and integrated operating environment.
- Strong written and reasoning skills.
- Word, Excel and related applications is essential.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!