|400 3rd Street SE, Canton, OHIO
|October 20, 2023
Thrasher is a full-service architecture, engineering, and field services consulting firm with a rich resume of project success all throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Our team of skilled experts delivers a vast array of professional services to clients across five major markets: architecture, land development, water resources, transportation, and energy.
We are looking for a Transportation Engineer to join the Canton, OH office. As a member of the team, you will drive profitability, work on a variety of projects, and collaborate with a team of like-minded professionals. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced work environment and looks at tasks with a “can-do” attitude, then check out the job duties below.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of civil engineering design practices and an understanding of the ODOT project development process.
- Work as the Project Manager to facilitate project from inception to completion.
- Perform essential roadway design functions such as: setting geometric alignments, hydrology & hydraulics for drainage design, 3D roadway modeling, pavement design, erosion control plans, maintenance of traffic, right-of-way, etc.
- Prepare detailed project quantity calculations and construction cost estimates as needed.
- Work with construction inspection personnel, as required to assure that contracted work accomplishes the intent of the roadway design.
- Perform and check project design calculations.
- Possesses the ability to mentor junior staff.
- Periodic travel will be required.
Job Requirements: To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- BS or MS from an ABET accredited university in the field of Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a project engineer capacity.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer or an EIT on track to become a licensed PE.
- Proficient using OpenRoads Designer design software. AutoCad, Civil 3D and InRoads experience would be a plus.
- Experience and knowledge with AASHTO, ODOT design guidance, CAD-standards, roadway, and right-of-way deliverables.
- Possess the ability to work independently or collaboratively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Leadership and time management skills to keep projects on schedule and on budget.
- Effective meeting skills for both client and public meetings.
Thrasher provides an excellent benefit package which includes health, dental and vision insurance, company paid short- and long-term disability, 401K matching, paid-time off, tuition assistance and much more.
An emphasis is placed on professional development which includes structured goal setting and specialized training opportunities. Professional development is monitored and recognized bonuses and annual salary reviews.
In promoting a family-oriented culture, we recognize the importance of work life balance and schedule flexibility.
The Thrasher Group conducts pre-employment drug screens and background checks on all applicants who accept offers of employment. Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. “EEO/AA/E-Verify