|Date Posted||June 5, 2019|
CommuniCare Family of Companies is privately held, multi-faceted healthcare management company in operation since 1984 that specializes in nursing homes, assisted living facilities and rehabilitation units. Our company’s historic passion for excellence is evident in every facet of our service continuum. We are leaders in the long-term care industry and we take immense pride in our opportunity to deliver the highest quality care. We’re excited about your interest in joining CommuniCare and your desire to uphold our mission of Serving With Pride.
Here at The Pines, we are striving to create a culture of positive work/life balance and epic teamwork. We have a new employee referral program; so bring a friend! Help us to make a difference in the lives of others.
The RN / LPN Unit Manager provides personal nursing care to the residents and leadership to the nursing staff to assure that care standards are met and the highest degree of quality resident care is provided at all times.
- The position must function as a team member, team leader and ensure that work is accomplished and quality care is delivered.
- The position must also manage the resources within their control and assist others in managing resources.
- This position offers an excellent salary with bonuses and comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental and vision coverage
- life insurance
- short term disability
- 401K retirement plan
- flexible spending account
- paid vacation, sick and personal days, holiday pay
- and much more!
If you are an RN or LPN with long term care & supervisory experience, strong managerial and clinical skills, and a passion for excellence, respond to this ad with your resume for confidential consideration! You may come to the facility in person for an immediate interview.
- Must hold a valid RN or LPN license in the State of Ohio
- Must have at least 2 years management experience.
- Must have Long Term Care and/or Rehab experience
- Strong managerial and clinical skills required
- Must be knowledgeable of long-term care nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as legal regulations and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Must have excellent customer services skills and teamwork attitude.
- Must maintain CPR certification.