|Date Posted||February 8, 2021|
PART-TIME UNIT SECRETARY POSITION AVAILABLE AT OUR ST. THOMAS HOSPITAL LOCATION
16 HOURS PER WEEK
2-3 evenings per week and every other Saturday
APPLY ONLINE TODAY: https://www.crystalclinic.com/careers
SUMMARY: The Unit Secretary performs and coordinates a variety of clerical duties and supports the surgical services team function. Performs clerical/reception duties, requisitions supplies, equipment and services as directed in a specific nursing unit or specialty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs a variety of clerical functions in any division of CCOC unit including:
- Performs general clerical duties (e.g., collecting, collating, copying, data entry, distributing, filing, scheduling of procedures, diagnostic tests and/or surgeries, use of pneumatic tube, etc.);
- Transcribes and enters any written physician orders to electronic medical record;
- Under the direction of an RN, coordinates requisitions for pre-op diagnostic tests and studies as deemed necessary by the Medical Staff;
- Follows up on missing and/or incomplete orders or results.
- Compiles daily and monthly information as requested for CCOC statistics.
- Coordinates communications (i.e. answering phone, fax correspondence, departmental intercom, hospital paging system, receiving and distributing messages, etc.), accepts and enters as appropriate case scheduling information, decides which personnel to contact and contacts appropriate personnel with necessary information.
- Assists with multifunctional activities and patient care, transportation and discharging of patients if needed.
- Transports specimens and picks up blood from lab if needed.
- Assists with orientation of new employees as requested.
- Assures privacy, comfort and safety needs of patients as needed.
- Cancels and adds cases to daily schedule as necessary.
- Confirms vendor/student sign in and assists with Visitor Management, as needed.
- All other duties not specifically assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Three (3) to Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in field or profession preferred; Proficient computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred; Basic skills in Excel preferred; Experience with medical terminology preferred; Heart saver preferred