|Date Posted||July 27, 2020|
Universal Employee – Credit Union – Full Time
Our Credit Union is growing and we are seeking dedicated and experienced individuals to join our team! Be a part of a passionate and caring organization, committed to helping our members live better. Essential Duties and Responsibilities for a universal employee include Loan Officer duties and transacting teller duties.
The following are the job responsibilities:
- Welcome on-site visitors, determine nature of business, and guide visitors to appropriate personnel or help them directly.
- Interview and evaluate needs of potential members and offer appropriate financial products and services as appropriate to member needs.
- Prepare and compile new member applications and open new accounts.
- Respond to member inquiries and requests regarding financial services and enter them into applicable computer systems and programs.
- Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy.
- Enter member’s transactions into computers to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
- Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts, and calculate daily transactions using computers, calculators, or adding machines.
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
- Ensure completion and accuracy of loan documentation by gathering information and resolving uncertainties according to credit union policy by requesting applicant credit reports, background checks, reference checks, and other information pertinent to applicant's loan application and evaluation.
- Analyze applicant financial status, credit, asset evaluation such as calculating debt-to-income ratios or estimating payments to determine feasibility of granting loans. Facilitate negotiation of loan structure with applicant, including fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Responsible for all loan originations, processing, approval, and closing loans in a timely manner within specified loan limits. Determine collateral requirements and properly secure the collateral. Also determine co-signer requirements and eligibility of co-signer offered.
- Provide ongoing relationship servicing with current members to maintain goodwill and gain additional business.
- Provide support to members and staff with problem resolution in a manner that is professional, courteous and in compliance with our policies and procedures.
- Advise manager of external factors that may affect establishment policies.
- Must be flexible to work at either office and work various shifts from 8:15 am to 6:30 pm, Monday through Friday and Saturday 8:15 am to 1 pm.
- Assist other departments as necessary.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent.
- 6+ months cash handling and customer service experience.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts accurately and quickly.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Please send salary requirements and a cover letter along with your resume to be considered for this position. Pre-employment background check required. Equal Employment Opportunity.