|Date Posted||November 23, 2021|
Howmet Aerospace is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems and titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications. Howmet Aerospace is transforming the next phase of more fuel-efficient, quieter aerospace engines and sustainable ground transportation.
Summary: Howmet Structure Systems has an immediate opening for a Utility Grind Operator located at our Canton grind facility. This position is responsible for assisting in the operation, quality and maintaining high productivity in plant production. $17.00 - $19.25 per hour. Attendance bonus $500-$750.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of a Utility Grind Operator.
- Properly set up, operate, and perform routine maintenance on various machines.
- Perform operations as directed from verbal and/or written documents such as: production boards shift logs, procedures, work instructions, checklists and/or manuals
- Strong learning aptitude required, ability to learn quickly and work in a team-oriented environment
- Take ownership of equipment and areas including all housekeeping activities. Drive 6S standards
- Must be flexible with work schedule and be available for overtime and weekends
- Work on tasks outside of the job description as directed by Management and/or Lead Operators for training, emergency relief purposes, production needs or continuous improvements
- Operated equipment such as tow motors, scales, hand tools, and computers.
- High School Equivalent or GED and a minimum of one-year related manufacturing experience.
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Physical Demands: The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Work Environment: The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in wet and/or humid conditions with fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is loud and the employee will be required to wear hearing protection.
- To ensure the health and safety of our employees, Howmet requires newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to the extent permitted under federal, state, and local law. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of a disability, medical condition, or sincerely held religious beliefs or legally recognized exemptions will be considered.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.