|Date Posted||June 13, 2019|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Vice President, Quality
The VP Quality leads and directs the quality operations and food safety strategy through the enterprise. This leader ensures that products and processes are in compliance with regulations, specifications, contract requirements and quality system standards. Having a deep understanding of Quality processes, tools and best practices, they will know how to scale and apply in practice.
Have you Been There & Done That?
- Proactively and effectively monitored product manufacturing in a way that results in outstanding quality results
- Developed and implemented innovative quality systems / programs
- Championed continuous improvement efforts and defect/waste reduction initiatives
- Experience with QFD and Voice of Consumer
- Deep SPC and Quality Tools experience
- Inspirational Leader that has built and lead teams in a direct and cross-functional environment
- Has developed vision, strategy and aligned resources to achieve goals and objectives
What you bring to the table
- Four year degree in a related, technical field
- Minimum of 15 years of QA / QC experience in food manufacturing, Lean/Six Sigma
- QFD and VOC Experience
- Track record of effective collaboration with product development, commercialization, manufacturing, procurement and distribution functions
- Expert in Food Safety requirements
- Managed audit processes
- Background, training, and experience in regulatory compliance
- Experience in developing SOPs, manufacturing standards, protocols, and procedures for quality assurance
- Analytical acumen and ability to effectively perform root cause analysis
- Multi-facility and multi-product line experience
- Willingness to travel, up to 50% on average
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies:Shearers Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.