|Date Posted||October 5, 2021|
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax preparation to those that meet the IRS annual income threshold. The VITA Program Manager is to provide oversight of the of the VITA programming for the United Way of Greater Stark County, including volunteer recruitment and scheduling. The individual works to further the impact in Economic Mobility through partnerships, program development, implementation, and communication about program successes.
The VITA Program Manager will be stationed at the United Way of Greater Stark County main office but will need to travel to various site locations throughout Stark and Carroll counties, as needed. This candidate may be expected to work evenings and Saturdays during tax seasons.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AREAS
Within parameters established by the United Way of Greater Stark County, the VITA Program Manager is responsible to:
- (30%) Provide volunteer coordination and oversight for seasonal staff.
- (30%) Coordinate and supervises VITA tax clinics in the surrounding communities of Stark County
- (20%) Maintain and monitor VITA grant budget
- (15%) Complete SPEC Relationship Manager’s Site Coordinator Training, Advanced Tax training and Volunteer Standards of Conduct
- (5%) Nonessential job functions
- Provide volunteer coordination and oversight for seasonal staff: Recruit and screen volunteers for possible placement. Provide training to volunteers annually to ensure standards of conduct are being adhered to. Schedules volunteers to provide coverage for all the tax clinics and preparation of returns. Ensure volunteers and seasonal staff are completing certification requirements and tracking time efficiently.
- Coordinate and supervises VITA tax clinics in the surrounding communities of Stark County: Establish the appointment schedule for each site. Maintain the appointment software to keep tax clinics information updated and accessible for scheduling. Builds and supports community collaborations with a diverse network.
- Maintain and monitor VITA grant: Establish and monitor the VITA budget. Obtain successful site visit audits and post-tax season audits. Works with the IRS SPEC Relationship Manager to meet reporting and mandated form requirements. Assist in marketing the VITA program.
- Complete SPEC Relationship Manager’s Site Coordinator Training, Advanced Tax training and Volunteer Standards of Conduct: Ensure quality, accuracy, security, and compliance of tax returns. Understand and be capable of researching tax code. Keeps informed of changes in tax law and convey changes to volunteers/seasonal staff.
- Nonessential job functions: Participate and support in assigned engagement calendar events, marketing events, and related preparatory meetings. All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
To perform the essential functions of this job, the employee must possess the following:
- Must have the ability to communicate professionally and effectively in group settings in one-on-one conversations and prepare and deliver effective presentations; demonstrate the ability to advocate and be an active listener; must be able to build relationships and relate to people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner, while achieving high levels of client satisfaction
- Ability to work independently, yet function as a productive member of a team
- Licensed driver in the State of Ohio automobile insurance
- Flexibility in handling the day-to-day work challenges and shifting priorities confidently, while using good problem-solving skills with the ability to make sound business decisions
- Demonstrate technical and functional experience in MS Office Application software, MS Windows application, Spreadsheet development, Google Calendar, various forms of social media and Internet usage
- Demonstrate ability to achieve measurable results and capacity to excel in a results-oriented environment and maintain a consistent high level of cultural competency and cultural sensitivity
- Ability to maintain a consistently high level of cultural competency and cultural sensitivity
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds
- Experience in volunteer coordination and/or group leadership
- Ability to pass IRS Advance level tax preparer open-book test (training provided)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associates degree or higher in Finance, Human Service or Business Administration preferred or equivalent experience. 1-3 years of work experience in volunteer/supervision experience preferred.