|Date Posted||May 9, 2019|
Job ID: 1900001239
Responsible for leading Operational Risk Oversight, including Strategic and Process Initiatives and Engagements for processes and functions within Enterprise Operations including but not exclusive to Collections / Recovery, Servicing, Customer Care, Customer Solutions, Strategic Solutions and Care Forward.
- Manage team of Ops Risk resources dedicated to Enterprise Operations functions including Collections, Recovery, Servicing, Customer Care, Customer Solutions and Strategic Solutions.
- Work with the team and Business to identify, build and evaluate risk through defined assessment processes and reviews that will prioritize the level of operational risk oversight required for all customer facing initiatives by the team using a risk base approach where applicable.
- Drive effective identification and management of operational risks, provide solutions, and assist in resolution for Enterprise Operations’ Processes and Strategic Initiatives.
- Assist Enterprise Operations to embed effective tools, systems and controls for analyzing and monitoring risks consistent with risk based identified strategic initiatives; advise on appropriate controls and documentation of operational risk management system requirements.
- Coordinate engagements and priorities with other risk pillars including Risk Testing and Compliance to ensure efficiency.
- Partner with Compliance to prioritize work, manage communication and develop comprehensive risk summaries, while ensuring significant risks are promptly escalated to the appropriate level.
- Establish effective and efficient independent relationships with all functional areas.
- Conduct and support operational reviews and risk assessments including the ORA, PL-ORA and NPI / E2E.
- Support regulatory examinations and other supervisory activities.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree. In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of functional, risk and / or process management experience in the financial services industry
- 5+ years of strategic initiative / process management involvement within the financial services industry
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to influence and work across a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated strategic and process skills with proven ability to execute
- Team player in fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Goal oriented, self-motivated
- Understanding of business systems & processes
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, regulations and policies
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 115,000.00 – 230,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Submit your application at our website: https://synchronycareers.com/gbjf_job_post/vp-operational-risk-oversight/
Applications submitted through the "Apply Online" button will not be accepted.