|Date Posted||April 7, 2021|
We are seeking individuals that share and believe in our core values – compassion, collaboration, service, integrity, inclusion, and innovation. We work until it’s done; everyone puts their boots on the same way.
The Warehouse Specialist is responsible for performing a variety of Warehouse tasks associated with the receipt, storage, and distribution of food; as well as volunteer project coordination for the inspection, sorting and repacking of donated goods. This position will work in our newly constructed Canton facility, which will serve as a drop site warehouse to fulfill orders picked out of the Akron warehouse and shuttled to Canton for pickup by our Network Partners located in Stark, Wayne, Tuscarawas, Carroll, and Holmes counties. Responsibilities will include staging orders, picking add on products, loading Network Partner vehicles with their order (vehicles range from small to mid-size, up to dock high), receiving and put-away of products into designated storage locations (dry, cooler, freezer), working with volunteers to repack donated goods, operating warehouse equipment, and general cleaning in your designated work area.
The Warehouse Specialist will work out of our Canton Facility, which is scheduled to open in the summer of 2021, (1365 Cherry Ave NE, Canton, OH 44714). The successful candidates will begin training immediately in the Akron facility (350 Opportunity Parkway, Akron, OH 44307) until the Canton construction is complete.
Volunteer Center Support:
- Orients, trains, and interacts with all volunteers and prepares them for the project in accordance with The Foodbank’s policies and procedures, as needed, as a back-up or substitute.
- Interacts with volunteers from the community, including schools, churches, corporations, etc; coordinates food salvage and repack projects; accurately records and maintains metrics
- Set up, coordinate, and clean up volunteer projects
Order Fulfillment Support:
- Assist in the distribution process by picking agency orders and preparing for distribution in the warehouse
- Operate tow motor, lift truck, and/or pallet riders to assist in the distribution of goods to agencies
- Perform daily housekeeping as directed by Warehouse Leadership
Shipping and Receiving
- Unload outside carrier and Foodbank Fleet Drivers for the receipt of incoming goods.
- Complete all safety checks prior to the unloading process and confirm all counts, weights and related information against bill of lading.
- Coordinate outgoing shipments, verifying order fulfillment prior to the loading process.
- Consult with the Warehouse Leadership to place products into designated storage location.
- Proper operation of powered equipment including, but not limited to high truck or hand trucks, to convey, move, or hoist materials to proper departments or areas as well as a stretch wrap machine to safely secure products prior to loading or placement in storage location.
- Pull agency orders from cold, freezer storage area and stage for morning of distribution ensuring order accuracy prior to loading
- Operate tow motor, lift truck, and/or pallet riders to load agency vehicles
- Support all aspects of MarketPlace items ensuring quality and organization
- Provide daily documentation and reporting to the distribution office of any MarketPlace pounds personally distributed to Network Partners
- Minimum of 3 years warehouse experience required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to work effectively and patiently with a diverse group of individuals, including children, young adults, elderly, and physically and mentally challenged
- Ability to work effectively and patiently with employees, donors, vendors, and customers
- High level of interpersonal skills is required
- Ability to produce quality work with accuracy
- Must be able to operate or be trained to operate a pallet jack or tow motor; must pass OSHA testing for lift truck operation
- Warehouse and dock experience, preferred
- Ability to maintain accurate records or metrics
Come join an organization that makes a difference in the lives of others! The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is proud to be a seventh time recipient of the NorthCoast99 award, which showcases our Foodbank as one of the top 99 places to work in Northeast Ohio. We offer a warm and loving culture filled with opportunities to grow and develop your career, competitive benefits, and compensation, 9 paid Holidays and a generous paid time off program that begins on day one!
Please submit resumes to email@example.com and include the following information in your cover letter:
- Summary of your background and relevant warehousing experience
- Explanation of how you connect to our mission
- Explanation of why you are the best fit for this position
- Desired hourly rate
- Contact information and best time to reach you