|Date Posted||July 29, 2020|
You already love us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Water Resources Environmental Manager
Operate and maintain an industrial water treatment facility in order to support manufacturing operations within applicable environmental regulatory parameters. Position requires a complete knowledge of waste water treatment facilities, equipment, and processes. Function as a working Manager, able to run WWT operations as well as direct the efforts of other team members in a 24/7 environment.
Your seat at the table
- Monitor the performance of the facility to assure regulatory compliance and operating effectiveness.
- Develop standard operating procedures, and maintain record-keeping practices.
- Work with management in planning capital projects and operating improvements.
- Interact with facility operations, sanitation, maintenance, and public officials.
- Oversee and / or perform basic laboratory tests.
- Work with outside consultants on proper application of chemicals and nutrients.
- Work with management in WWT associate development and training programs.
What you bring to the table
- Five to seven years of experience in water treatment or a related environmental field. Prefer industrial water treatment experience.
- Four year degree in a related field, or the equivalent in experience.
- The ability to function in a team-based environment.
- Proven ability to deal effectively with regulators and public officials.
- Excellent scientific, mechanical, analytical and diagnostic aptitude.
- Prefer Level II or above OTCO licensing with the State of Ohio.
- Ability to lift 80 pounds and work in varying climatic conditions.
- Ability to cover management needs to support 24/7 manufacturing operations. May include occasional offshift or weekend coverage.
- Equipment experience ideally would include:
- SBR (Sequential Batch Reactors)
- DAF (Dissolved Air Floatation)
- Inclined Plate or Gravity Clarifier
- Anionic Polymers or GRAS (generally regarded as safe) Polymers
- Belt Press operation
- Plate and Frame Press Operation
- Shaker/Vibratory screening
- TSS (Total Suspended Solids) Testing
- BOD (Biological Oxygen Demand) Testing
- Turbidity Testing
- Experience with IDP (Indirect Discharge Permit) and OEPA
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!