|Date Posted||March 27, 2019|
Job Title: Welder-Fabricator Pay Grade: Hourly
Reports To: Fab/Bending/Cutting/Welding Supervisor
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
Date Updated: 3/25/19
We are the Most Capable Finned Tube Supplier in North America. We supply the broadest selection of enhanced surface finned tubing and heat exchanger performance equipment on the market. We provide anything from off the shelf catalog items to customized heat transfer solutions retrofitted to maximize the heat exchange of your specific systems. We provide heat transfer solutions to the HVAC industry that improve heating/cooling efficiency, prevent system failures and overheating, and comply with government-mandated efficiency requirements for heating and cooling products.
This position is within the Energy Transfer welding department, in Minerva, OH. The job entails fabricating and joining metal parts to a specified standard and drawing. The position also requires various operations to be done in the pre and post-production process.
- Position reports directly to the fabrication Supervisor.
- Uses electricity and torches to produce heat and solder together components made from steel, stainless steel, copper, and other metals
- Welds small components like copper plumbing for heat exchanger use and large ones like pipe coils for power plants or heavy industrial heat exchangers.
- Read and interpret project plans, blueprints and other written instructions and diagrams to perform task at hand.
- Select proper fillers for jobs based on previous experience or project instructions.
- Perform MIG, TIG and other types of weld based on project needs.
- Assesses equipment, structures, materials, and job specifications for appropriate welding positions and methods
- Setup and monitors welding equipment for appropriate usage and temperature.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of universal standards and specifications in order to meet ASME codes.
- Develops working knowledge of dozens of methods used for welding a variety of materials and components.
- Operates specialized machinery for industrial welding or supervises robots that do the same.
- Trims metal components using heat, fire, and electricity.
- De-bur and grind metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture.
- Forms metal components using heat or machinery to bend to a specific shape.
- Monitors work environment for hazards.
- Follows safety protocol, including wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes.
- The minimum requirement for this position is a High School Diploma and at least 2 years of documented welding training. Qualifications and certification in, or at least 5 years’ experience of, print reading, the use of welding equipment is a plus. Work experience can be substituted for certification upon approval.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. plus stand for extended periods
- Be able to read prints and understand geometric tolerances.
- Have the ability to perform advanced calculations using shop Math.
- Read and comprehend standard operating procedures and be willing to learn.
- Production driven with an appetite for success.
- Able to pass ASME weld certifications.
- Should be able to check your own work using tape measures, rulers and calipers.
- Have a Mechanical aptitude with good problem solving skills.
- Be a team player and work towards common departmental goals.
- Understand Engineering principles and have a working knowledge of operating a metal forming and welding machine.
- Be skilled in the use of all standard metal working hand tools – snips, files, pliers, hammers, wrenches etc.
9312 Arrow Rd. NW
Minerva, OH 44657
330 868 3060
Jim France/HR, x247
Sarah Heller/HR, x210