|Location||North Canton, OH|
|Date Posted||July 29, 2020|
Powell’s mission, “Solving our Customers’ Toughest Problems”, is Powered by Safety®, and completed through Powell’s core values: Customer first, Respect for Our Employees, “Can-do” attitude, and Commitment to Improve. Powell is focused on enhancing the wellbeing of each employee – on and off the job. Come see what Powell is all about, and join our team of experts today!
- Learn and adhere to all safety policies and practices to avoid safety incidents
- Learn and adhere to all manufacturing policies and practices to ensure consistent production
- Ensure quality by following standard work/process instructions and identifying any potential risks to product quality
- Electrical part installation, such as: relays, meters, switches, etc.
- Wiring: Anchoring, tie-wrapping, routing, flagging, & wire tagging
- Wire/Cable Stripping
- Ensure that work areas remain clean and well organized
- Lifting up to 25 lbs. frequently and 40 lbs. occasionally
- Standing on ladder for 6-8 hours per day occasionally
- Sit in a semi-enclosed space to perform work occasionally
- Work overhead for extended periods of time frequently
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED and 1 year of relevant manufacturing experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant manufacturing experience.
- Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to read prints including: specification sheets, wiring diagrams, schematics, three-line drawings, wiring lists, and part drawings
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Knowledge of air, hand, and electric tools
From strategic locations across the world, Powell is focused to deliver superior value to its customers through a full range of differentiated IEC and ANSI products and services. This offering is designed to satisfy the discerning requirements of the global market, across all industry sectors. Powell’s equipment is used to safely and successfully power the operations of a diverse customer base:
- Oil and Gas
- Power Generation and Distribution
- Pulp and Paper
- Food and Beverage
- Mining and Metals
- Electric Utilities
- Traction Power
The Powell culture has and will always be founded through our "can do" attitude. If we can imagine it, we can do it by transforming our visions into reality. Powell’s goal is to be the company our customers can call when it absolutely has to be done right and on time. Our custom engineered-to-order solutions are second to none in providing the value you need and expect.
The electrical power industry is amongst the most safety-conscious groups in the world. Powell's core philosophy, to be Powered by Safety®, ensures our products are designed to reinforce this position by bringing safety-related features to our customers. Powell knows and understands the concern of engineers, operators, maintenance technicians, employees, and suppliers. Compared to our peers, we deliver the most value by developing products and systems that function at the highest degree of safety while providing the ultimate in skilled operation and design.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use the careers site as a result of your disability.
To request an accommodation, send an email to mailto:email@example.com or call 713-378-2685 and let us know the nature of your request and provide your contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.
To ensure a seamless application process please use any internet browser other than Internet Explorer to apply.