|May 9, 2019
The Youth Mentor Coach is a seasonal position and provides direction to participants of the Youth Employment Program, acting as liaison between the agency, participants, and employers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as an advocate between the employer personnel and youth participants to maintain open communication and achievement of individual education plans and employability objectives.
- Conduct weekly individual and/or group mentoring sessions.
- Plan, develop and implement assigned strategies for development of youth independent job readiness and work specific skills.
- Assist in the collection and maintenance of records and data relevant to the program and youth participants.
- Assist in the implementation and provide pre-employment skills training.
- Monitor youth activities, work performance, attendance, and employability session participation.
- Confer with Program Manager, employers, and youth as needed to ensure appropriate program participation and outcomes.
Skills and Specifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication; Proficient with Microsoft office applications and Publisher.
- Ability to work and function within a cohesive team environment.
- Must pass pre-employment physical assessment screening.
- Incumbent must possess a valid Ohio Driver's License and insurance.
A minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Sociology, Social Work, Psychology or related field or three years of demostrated experience with working with at risk youth and diverse populations in social service organizations setting.