|July 5, 2021
We are an independent laboratory located at the lower level of our Gastroenterology and Hepatology Practice next to our Ambulatory Surgery Center. The laboratory receives specimens daily generated from procedures performed at our ASC. We work closely with two local hospitals where the pathologists read the slides processed by our lab. We are a small laboratory that is GI specific, and we produce a large volume at a fast pace to ensure patient quality and patient efficiency.
We are looking for a candidate interested in a Full-time position & PRN position to help with overflow and cover vacation and sick time. The position would be for a Histology Technician that is well trained in preparing tissue for microscopic evaluation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Accessioning of tissue
- Log Supplies and daily temperatures
- Grossing tissue including inking, sectioning, and notating paperwork
- Embedding tissue for cutting
- Ability to Cut 50-120 blocks daily along with other routine workload
- Heat fixing and use of automated stainer as well as hand staining if necessary
- Daily hand cover slipping with glass coverslips
- Printing and hand labeling of all slides that we send out of the laboratory daily
- Communication with both hospitals and the pathologists for requests as well as microscopic slide pick ups
- Ability to work alone and stay on track independently
The laboratory is CLIA certified and we are required to have our technicians follow their requirements for certifications. Our laboratory performs high complexity testing and applicants MUST have their associates or the equivalent as highlighted in the CLIA handbook. This is stated under D6171 section B per their guidelines. Applicants will also be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, have the ability to lift, bend and reach to put away supplies and ingredients, and finally have the ability to use microtome for an extended length of time.
Competitive wages. Closed on all weekends and holidays. PRN days will generally be Monday through Thursday with an occasional Friday if needed. Most days will be planned well in advance unless covering for an illness.